Friday, February 29, 2008

GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!

Okay.

As of now my word count is at **101121** words.

So I've completed the February goal.

YAY ME! *pats self on back*

Okay, that's enough self-congratulation for now.

More importantly, I've filled a few holes along the way, plus I've not only advanced the plot, I've also managed to map out most of the remainder of the plot (I tend to start at point A with a point B in mind but little concrete idea how I'm going to get there - most of my stuff is seat-of-the-pants flying without a parachute) and have a good idea regarding the rest.

Now, originally I was going to write in March as well. However, being that I have now decided to join NaNoEdMo I shall be devoting March to some serious editing. That's not saying I won't be writing as well; I sure would love to finally nail the plotline into place. But 50 hours of editing will be my main goal.
For that same reason I wouldn't dare set a word count goal, since I know full well there's some stuff that will most likely be drastically cut if not axed altogether.

So.

Fifty hours' worth of editing, plus whatever writing I might squeeze in: that's the agenda for March.

April is, of course, ScriptFrenzy month.

So come May, it will be interesting (that's putting it mildly!) to see where I'm at.

2 comments:

Cidermaker said...

I've looked at MaNoEdMo but it doesn't seem to be open for new sign-ups. Just wondering if they're doing it this year?
I liked your red pen on your 365 Blog :o)

Cidermaker said...

Oops, sorry about the spelling!!