Thursday, March 13, 2008

Strike!

Still editing. Or trying to.

I am reaching a point of saturation: it is becoming virtually impossible for me to view any section of 'Crash' with a reader's eye. My head is dancing with phrases, scenes I've considered, scenes I've written, lines/comments/facts/possible continuity errors, I muddle up what I've already corrected and what I haven't, and am generally unable to keep track of where I'm at. I have to keep reminding myself: No, you haven't written that part yet. Yes, you were going to write it, but you haven't. No, you scratched that scene/character/part of the plot. No, the reader cannot read your mind and know what it is you actually mean.

It's highly confusing.

So for a couple of days I've simply gone on editing strike.

Instead I'm very hard at work on nailing the remainder of the plotline.

So. As of today the MMC is being interviewed by the police because the Sleazy Politician's daughter was found dead in his home; the LLD, after coming to some sort of truce with the SMC, has disappeared mysteriously (though the Reader knows how); and the SMC is threatening a journalistic ex-boyfriend with exposing his secret love life to his wife if he doesn't help him dig up the dirt on the SP and thus get the MMC off the hook for the SP's daughter's death and hopefully get the Conspiracy to return the LLD...

Confused? Good. My evil plan is working...

No comments: