Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack!

Shady's back. So am I.

O-kay, it's been a very slow year, blogging-wise. That's not to say I haven't been otherwise engaged, 'cos I have. So here's a brief summary of what I've been up to:

June/July: Got interested in manga and anime. There went my picture blog.

August: Got 'new' computer courtesy of a friend who understands the importance of good hardware. So started playing World of Warcraft after nearly eighteen months' hiatus.

November: Need you ask? NaNoWriMo, of course. Script title: 'Counterworld'. Not the first time I've worked that idea, but I decided to reanimate it, gave it a full reworking etc. So in my little head it counts as original.
I completed the 50K words, by the way (though the story is far from finished - heard that tune before?)

Throughout: Had a lot of personal stuff to work through which I'm not going to detail here. Suffice to say a lot of it has been resolved, mainly for the better.

And now it's April... and that of course means ScriptFrenzy!
So I'm busy turning 'Counterworld' into a screenplay. Got nearly 50 pages so far, out of the 100, so I'm definitely on track.

And for those of you wondering: No, 'Crash' still isn't finished. What with manga, anime, World of Warcraft (now with guild participation on my part), personal issues, and general writer's block/writer's laziness, I still haven't reached the final denouement. I am still working on it, and if I finish Screnzy ahead of time (which I'm pretty damn sure I will unless I suddenly break all ten fingers) the plan is to use the rest of this month's writing time working on 'Crash'. I still have people pestering me about it, after all, and it's either deliver the goods or kill them :-P

Anyway, there it is. Hi, and bye for now.

No comments: